Architecture and Engineering
The Architecture and Engineering category encompasses videos that focus on the design, construction, and planning of buildings and structures. These videos often showcase the work of architects, engineers, and designers as they discuss and demonstrate their projects and ideas. Viewers can expect to see videos that delve into various architectural styles, such as modern, contemporary, or traditional, as well as videos that explore the use of different materials and techniques in construction. The category also includes videos that provide insights into the challenges faced by architects and engineers, such as sustainability, accessibility, and urban planning. Overall, this category offers a comprehensive look into the world of architecture and engineering, providing viewers with inspiration, knowledge, and a deeper understanding of the built environment.
In the Architecture and Engineering category, viewers can find videos that cover a wide range of topics related to the field. These videos often showcase the process of designing and constructing buildings, from the initial concept to the final product. They may include interviews with architects and engineers, who discuss their design philosophy, their approach to problem-solving, and their vision for the future of architecture. Additionally, the category features videos that explore iconic architectural landmarks from around the world, providing viewers with a virtual tour and historical context. Whether you are interested in the latest architectural trends, sustainable design, or the history of famous structures, the Architecture and Engineering category offers a wealth of content to satisfy your curiosity and expand your knowledge in this field.
- Research in Architecture - YouTubeView SummarySummaryShelly Attea, an assistant professor of sustainable architecture, delves into the nuances of conducting research in the field of architecture. Aimed at early career researchers, the presentation covers the differentiation between exact and non-exact sciences, the importance of adopting a scientific methodology, and the challenges of defining scientific problems within architecture. It emphasizes the significance of aligning research with established scientific communities and offers practical advice for navigating the complex landscape of architectural research.Click to read more
- Architect goes blind, says he's gotten better at his job - YouTubeView SummarySummaryChris Downey, an architect who lost his sight at age 45, has transformed his career and life post-blindness. Despite the initial shock and challenges, Downey innovated tools to continue his work, such as tactile plans and wax sticks for sketching. His unique insights have led to a niche in designing accessible spaces for the visually impaired, emphasizing the importance of universal design. His journey is not just about overcoming adversity but also about redefining the perception of disability in the architecture profession.Click to read more
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon - The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - See U in History - YouTubeView SummarySummaryThe Hanging Gardens of Babylon, a marvel of ancient architecture, was built around 600 BC in the Babylonian Empire. King Nebuchadnezzar II constructed the gardens for his wife, Amytis of Media, to remind her of her mountainous homeland. Despite being one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, their existence is debated due to the lack of concrete evidence.Click to read more
- Importance of Course - Introduction Quantity Survey Estimation & Valuation - YouTubeView SummarySummaryThis blog provides an insightful overview of the importance of quantity surveying, estimation, and valuation in the construction and civil engineering industry. It discusses the key roles of a quantity surveyor and the vital knowledge gained through a quantity surveying course. It's designed for professionals and students looking to deepen their understanding of the construction process and cost management.Click to read more
- PENGARUH IKLIM & LINGKUNGAN ALAM  - YouTubeView SummarySummaryThis video delves into the significant impact of the natural environment and climate on the field of building physics, particularly in architecture. It addresses the necessity for architects and designers to consider environmental factors such as temperature, humidity, wind, rainfall, and solar radiation when planning and designing buildings. By understanding these elements, professionals can create structures that are not only aesthetically pleasing but also comfortable, energy-efficient, and environmentally friendly.Click to read more
- 5 Trends Affecting the Next Decade of Healthcare Facility Design & Construction | Sara Marberry - YouTubeView SummarySummarySara Marberry delivers an insightful exploration of the five key trends poised to impact healthcare facility design and construction over the next decade. From the importance of reducing embodied carbon footprints to the rise of ESG investing, longevity-ready communities, workforce challenges, and the integration of digital technology, Sara highlights the critical factors that health planners and designers must consider to create future-proof healthcare environments.Click to read more
- Inside Virat Kohli’s Spacious Nature Inspired Holiday Home | AD India - YouTubeView SummarySummaryCricket icon Virat Kohli invites fans into his serene, nature-inspired holiday home in Alibag. The house, devoid of TVs and designed for tranquility, features natural light, family dining areas, and smart home automation. Kohli emphasizes the importance of family, balance, and finding peace amidst a hectic life. Personal spaces reflect his focus on relaxation and unwinding after busy days. This home is a true reflection of Kohli's personality and values.Click to read more